|RULES OF THE GAME
1. Teams will consist of up to seven (7) boys or seven (7) girls, five starters and two substitutes.
Players may only be rostered on one (1) team within specific age group.
2. Teams will be grouped into divisions according to age, gender and experience, and will play their games within their assigned divisions. Players may “play up” in age category but not down in age.
3. All teams will play at least three (3) games during the weekend, unless the scheduled games are reduced or shortened, due to rain or unforeseen circumstances.
4. Playing fields shall be 40 yards x 30 yards, or as space permits.
5. Goals will be 6.5ft. x 12ft.
6. Games will have two 12-minute halves with a two-minute halftime. If the score is tied at the end of regulation play, the game is recorded as a tie. In a playoff situation, both teams will move immediately to a tie-breaker. Ties will be decided with five penalty kicks for each team on a rotating basis until one team wins. The team with the most goals after 10 players have shot is declared the winner. If the score is still tied, teams alternate penalty shots until a decisive goal is scored.
7. A coin toss determines opening possession. Opposition will control the ball at the start of the second half.
8. The ball must completely cross the goal line between the goal posts to score a goal. All scoring must be shot from the scoring team’s offensive half of the field.
9. All players must wear a jersey the same color as their teammates.
10. Ball is out of bounds when it completely crosses at least one of the boundary lines. Kick-ins will replace throw-ins.
11. THERE IS NO OFFSIDE.
12. Regulations governing fouls and misconduct conform to FIFA with the following exceptions: All fouls taking place more than ten (10) feet from the goal shall result in an indirect free kick with opponents three (3) yards away. All fouls taking place within ten (10) feet of the goal will result in a penalty shot .
13. Penalty shots will be taken from 12 yards out. Once the shot is taken, the ball is dead. No rebounds or follow-up play is allowed. If the shot is missed, the defensive team is awarded a goal kick.
14. Goal kicks will be taken from your defensive END LINE.
15. Intentional fouls or intentional hand ball in the attacking half of the field will result in a penalty kick from 12 yards out.
16. NO SLIDE TACKLING IS ALLOWED.
17. Substitutions are unlimited and may only be made when play is stopped.
18. Each game will have one referee, who will call fouls and keep time. Referees will have the final say in disputes.
19. Everyone will be using a size 4 ball.
20. Tournament directors and staff, reserve the right to verify any player’s age. Inaccurate information is grounds for disqualification of the entire team.
SCORING POINT SYSTEM
A win is important, but it’s not the only way a team advances. Teams are ranked by the total number of points accumulated through individual games in each round of play.
Win 6 points Defensive Shutout 1 point
Tie 3 points Every goal up to three (3) 1 point
Loss 0 points Forfeit 8 points
*Please note that tournament directors reserve the right to impose a handicap system for teams playing above or below their competition level.